For the past two Potlucks, I went fairly elaborate. For Potluck numero uno I made Sage & Rosemary Dinner Rolls with Roasted Garlic Coconut Butter. For Potluck number two, I created Maple Creme & Mocha Spice Cake Trifle with Fresh Blueberries. Just reading those long recipe titles wears me out. Though the title of this recipe is long, the preparation of the dish is not.
Which brings us to sweet potatoes. And garlic and parsley and lemon. Just look at those bright orange babies dotted with flecks of fresh green, dabs of garlic and zingy lemon – all glistening with one of my current favorite muses: coconut oil. I go easy on the oil in my household, but for a party like this one, I had to make an exception. I hope you enjoy it!
Thank you very much to all of the enthusiastic participants of this, the first Potluck of 2013. It amazes me every time that someone signs on! Thanks to my Potluck besties, Somer, Jason and Lidia for helping plan and execute this shindig and keeping me sane in the days leading up to the Potluck. And thanks to all of you who are taking time out of your Saturday to enjoy the beautiful plant-based and cruelty-free dishes being shared. Munch on!
- 1 very large sweet potato, peeled and cut into fry-shape
- 1/2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread sweet potato slices onto pan in a single layer and bake for about 15 minutes. Turn slices and continue to bake until they are soft and beginning to brown.
- While the sweet potato bakes, put the coconut oil in a deep skillet and add the garlic. Just before the fries are done, gently sauté the garlic in the oil until fragrant. Add the fries and stir, coating them with the oil and garlic. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve immediately.
And now, I’ll send you on your way! To visit the next dish at Too Cheap For Pine Nuts, click the icon below, or click here.
To move back to the previous dish at Cauldrons and Cupcakes, click the icon below, or click here.
If you’d like to start back at the beginning, please visit our host site, Vegan Bloggers Unite!, – by clicking right here.