My favorite hot beverage transitions right into summer with a cool, creamy version that also features another favorite: chocolate. Kale included at no extra charge.
You’ll need a spoon for this one. Sharing this on the very first Virtual Vegan LINKY Potluck!
Chai-Chocolate Green Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups strongly brewed chai tea, chilled
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 4-6 dates, chopped
- 2 bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 avocado
- 1/4″ slice fresh ginger
- 3-4 leaves of kale
- cacao nibs, for garnish, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the cacao nibs) in a blender. Stop blender and stir occasionally if necessary. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Top with cacao nibs, if using, and serve immediately.