Let’s start out this MoFo thing with a super-simple recipe that lets the flavors of peanut butter and sweet fruit (the jelly stand-in) shine – along with their good friends, chocolate and cinnamon. These treats can be assembled in minutes, but they make an impressive-looking dessert.
The original recipe on Buzzfeed’s 29 Ways to Honor the Glory of Peanut Butter & Jelly comes from Framed Cooks, and is a classic baked bar, but I went with a mostly raw version to keep things light and simple.
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup (about 5 large) dates, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, optional
- Place the peanuts and pecans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to break up the nuts. Add the chopped dates, water, cacao powder and cinnamon and pulse again to get a fairly smooth paste.
- I used English muffin rings (large cookie cutters would work) as molds. Divide the crust between the rings and pat down. Gently remove the rings. Top the crusts with peanut butter (about 1 tbsp. each), top with sliced strawberries and add the mint garnish, if using. This would be extra dee-lish-us with a drizzle of raw cacao sauce.