NuNaturals is one of the most generous companies that I know. Not only have they sponsored the Virtual Vegan Potluck and donated a whole lotta goodies to the “best of” winners, they’ve given me new products to try and several additional opportunities to give away their truly special stevia sweeteners. I think this is the best giveaway yet. Just take a look at what four winners will receive:
- One bottle of Cherry-Flavored Stevia Liquid (see my Big Red Cookies)
- One bottle of Vanilla-Flavored Stevia Liquid
- One 16 oz. package of Oat Fiber (a new product)
- A 50-count box of NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets
Best of all, this giveaway is open to ALL of my readers – national and international alike! Woohoo!
To give you a little NuNaturals inspiration, I’ve got a super simple pudding recipe below that pairs BFFs (Best Food Friends) chocolate and mint. This is just a riff on your basic vegan pudding (silken tofu, cashews, chocolate), but I’ve thrown in some phytonutrients in the form of spinach and fresh mint. Incidentally, this might be a St. Patrick’s Day-worthy dessert…
Because I had so many new NuNaturals products to try (in this one I use their luscious Peppermint Stevia liquid), I decided to stretch the giveaway out one more day so that I could give you two recipes. Check back on Monday for some gluten-, oil-, and sugar-free Chai Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies that features NuNatural products NuStevia Reb99 and Oat Fiber.
Fun Fact: Have you ever overheated chocolate and had it seize up like my back after I pick up Ikey (our dog)? Depressing, isn’t it? All is not lost however – you can usually bring it back from the brink. Who wants to throw away chocolate? Here’s what you do: Add a little bit of melted coconut (or other mild) oil to the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- 1 12.3 oz. package firm silken tofu
- 3 tbsp. raw cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 5-6 large spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. NuNaturals Peppermint Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. green matcha powder, optional (for color)
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Lily's Sweets)
- In a high-speed blender, combine the tofu, cashews, non-dairy milk, spinach, mint, peppermint liquid stevia, lemon juice, and matcha powder and process until silky and smooth.
- Divide about half of the mixture between four small bowls or glasses. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Gently melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. Scrape the melted chocolate into the blender and process until very smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender once or twice.
- Pour the mixture over the mint pudding in the bowls/glasses and chill until firm. Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves.
REMEMBER, this giveaway is open to the whole wide world! Giveaway ends at midnight U.S. Central time on March 13.