It’s been giveaway crazy around here lately and I’ve got another one for you today! Actually – another two (in one)!
Stellar vegan cookbook author, Kathy Hester, and kitchen utensil giant OXO have teamed up for a fantastic giveaway in anticipation of the release of her new book, OATrageous Oatmeals: Delicious & Surprising Plant-based Dishes From This Humble Heart-Healthy Grain. I was lucky enough to be a recipe tester for this book so I know how good it is! I think this is Kathy’s most beautiful book, yet, too – with photos by Kate Lewis. I can’t wait to have this cookbook on my shelf right next to all of Kathy’s other incredible books.
To win a copy of Kathy’s upcoming cookbook PLUS a whole mess of OXO kitchen goodies (pictured above), enter via Rafflecopter below. Easy peasy!
To be eligible for the second giveaway, pre-order Kathy’s book and be one of the first 100 people to email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, mailing address, and phone number (for delivery purposes) and you could win $25 worth of OXO products. Pre-order Kathy’s book here for $15.06. Kathy has some other surprises for everyone who pre-orders her book, including an OATrageous newsletter with recipes that are not in the book – plus coupons.
To get your appetite going, I’m sharing Kathy’s Mushroom Ginger Congee recipe below.
I’m pleased to share Kathy’s delicious congee recipe below. I love how simple yet full of flavor this dish it – and it is the ultimate comfort food.
- 3 cups (710ml) vegetable broth or vegan chik'n broth
- 1/2 cup (48g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (35g) minced mushrooms (shiitakes are great)
- 1/4 cup (27g) minced carrot or sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp. (6g) grated ginger
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
- Bring the broth, oats, mushrooms, and minced carrot or sweet potato to a boil in a medium pot. Lower the heat to medium-low and add in the ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the oats are cooked and the stew becomes thick.
- Before serving, add salt to taste and spice with hot pepper flakes.